Farm to table is the latest and best trend to hit restaurants since the invention of the restaurant. Whether you’re dining at the newest seasonal gastro pub or you’re picking out produce from the supermarket, most people can appreciate the benefits of locally grown foods.
Why not skip the middleman and hand select your produce, meats or baked goods brought to you by your local farmer? If you’ve never shopped at a farmers’ market you’re depriving yourself from the opportunity to create your own farm to table menu at home.
The benefits of shopping at your local farmers’ market are:
- The fruits and vegetables are at their peak of freshness and flavor and in season.
- You’ll be directly supporting your community and more importantly your local farmer.
- Most vendors accept SNAP.
- There is no guessing where the food came from. Nothing was shipped across the country in a freezer.
- You can get food preparation tips right from the farmer.
- Outdoor markets will give you a good dose of fresh air.